Friday 11 July 2008

Shocking...!


There is one thing I forgot about the Highveld while I was in the UK.... and in the last week I have remembered, often... and over and over...

You see, there is something in the atmosphere here, a combination of dry air, altitude above sea level and probably some other factors I ought to have learnt about in Standard 8 Scienece and have subsequently forgotten, but static electricity is all around you up here...

And my office has just the perfect carpet, that when you walk across it and then reach for the door handle, the static electricity you have built up is released in the form of a spark and a small electric shock....

And not just once... but every single time I walk across the office.

And it will only get worse in Summer, when the atmosphere is drier, and there will be more static in the air...

0 comments:

ss_blog_claim=5e7179a4973389379cb587fd31ed69cd ss_blog_claim=5e7179a4973389379cb587fd31ed69cd