Saturday 4 October 2008

Road trip to the Mother City #3: Visit of Theodore Rooseveldt

It appears that Ulricha and myself are not the only visitors to Cape Town this weekend.

The American nuclear powered aircraft carrier, USS Theodore Rooseveldt is briefly visiting Cape Town and has taken up a mooring in Table Bay – causing a flurry of activity among tourists, as they rush to get their cameras, and a good vantage point and enjoy this rare sight so close to a major South African city.

Not wanting to miss out – I grabbed my camera and found me a suitable vantage point!


What I was most surprised about was viewing the photos afterward, and noticing how the planes all lined up on the flight deck of the aircraft carrier. I was amazed, given the winds that are currently being experienced in Cape Town.

0 comments:

ss_blog_claim=5e7179a4973389379cb587fd31ed69cd ss_blog_claim=5e7179a4973389379cb587fd31ed69cd