Tuesday 30 September 2008

Reasons to be cheerful

Regardless of what you might decide as to where you want to live, or what you think of London, Cape Town or any other place on Earth, I defy you to find a place that offers such brutal and beautiful scenery as the Highveld of South Africa.

Sunset over the Highveld
Last evening Ulricha and I went out to a lovely dinner, at a restaurant that had a westward facing balcony, facing the setting African sun. I couldn't help but take a photo of the skyline as the Evening star appeared, watching over us like some kind of terrestial guardian.


And this morning, on the way to work I had to stop just to take an image of the City of Gold as sun rose at around early. This is the view that I have around me on my commute to work, and no matter how awful the traffic is each morning, somehow the soul and mind are soothed by the golden hues of an African sunrise.

0 comments:

ss_blog_claim=5e7179a4973389379cb587fd31ed69cd ss_blog_claim=5e7179a4973389379cb587fd31ed69cd