Thursday 14 August 2008

Welcome to Africa – hope you brought you bug spray

Size does count… Especially when it comes to spiders. And unfortunately, the larger the spider – the more it counts!

Last night I was reminded of the smaller “wild life” that Africa has to offer. So often people focus on the lions, and giraffes, and wildebeest – the big animals. But when confronted by a spider that is half the size of your hand – and in your bed room, those other animals in some far off wild park all seem pretty tame by comparison.


“Oh look – it is changing it’s skin,” I was politely informed, “so then it can grow bigger….”

Oh I don’t think so!

Sadly, the spider lost the ensuing debate.

I am not so sure I will sleep easily anymore though!!!

0 comments:

ss_blog_claim=5e7179a4973389379cb587fd31ed69cd ss_blog_claim=5e7179a4973389379cb587fd31ed69cd